To support the restoration of sacred relationship between humankind and the natural world, we have brought together a few essential ritual practices from The Pachakuti Mesa Tradition of cross-cultural shamanism.
These sacred rituals are sourced from millennial Peruvian practices and support the healing of our planet, our communities, and ourselves. While they are accessible to anyone who is just beginning, these ceremonial arts continue to deepen in meaning, power, and effectiveness as you advance in your skill as a shamanic practitioner. They are truly practices to engage in for a lifetime.
Earth-honoring rituals are perfect for acknowledging cosmic alignments such as New or Full Moons, Solstices and Equinoxes, and are also powerful as part of personal pilgrimage or in rites of passage for significant life events. In addition, these rituals can be done at any time you feel moved to engage with and honor all that sustains us, seen and unseen.
If you haven’t taken part in any ritual practice for a while, this is the time to begin again. The more we can bring our prayers into concrete expression individually or as a community, the stronger the field of loving presence on Pachamama.
Shamanic ritual practice provides order, beauty, healing and community building to assist and support us as we navigate the turbulence of the pachakuti (world-reversal).
This Ritual Arts Bundle contains everything you need to begin your practice in Earth-honoring ceremonial arts:
- Instructions on how to approach these rituals sourced from millennial Peruvian practices and based in The Pachakuti Mesa Tradition of cross-cultural shamanism
- Pachamama Renewal Process: a ritual movement and toning sequence for aligning energetically with the elements. This module includes written guidelines with step by step photos and two teaching videos with don Oscar Miro-Quesada, as well as a group demonstration video.
- Apachetas: creating stone cairns to enhance the flow of energy within the Earth. This module includes written instructions, and a demonstration video with PMT Sanctioned Teacher Amy Mermaid Isakov.
- Basic Despacho Ceremony: an offering of ayni (sacred reciprocity) to the seen and unseen natural world. This module includes written instructions, and a demonstration video by PMT Sanctioned Teacher Heather Weingartner.
- Guidance in deepening your ceremonial work within the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition of cross-cultural shamanism.
Origins of the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition
Don Oscar’s apprenticeship with the famed healer and huachumero don Celso Rojas Palomino from Salas, Chiclayo, Peru took place between 1969 and 1986. After don Celso transitioned to the Spirit World, don Oscar started a four-year apprenticeship within the Andean Paqokuna shaman/priesthood with famed kuraq akulleq don Benito Corihuamán Vargas from the village of Wasao. Don Celso had insisted that the only way to safeguard these ancient healing traditions was to bring them to Western acculturated peoples. This led don Oscar to originate the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition of cross-cultural shamanism replete a healing altar (mesa), ceremonial practices and ritual arts.
“By doing one learns, with study one refines, through dreaming one creates, in loving one fulfills – such is the secret for tending the sacred garden of our soul.” ~ don Oscar Miro-Quesdada